Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Winn Dixie Purchases this Week #1

I recently joined in on a friend's facebook post about the amount of $ they spend on groceries every month - and for a family of 4-5 it seemed to be about $800/month - WHAT??? So I wanted to track what I am spending in a month...with coupons/weekly deals - so here starts mine!

So I wanted to let you all see how to take advantage of the Winn Dixie deals I post every week - Here is a picture of all the items I purchased tonight:




My original total $209
Less discounts of $90

TOTAL PAID $119! That is 56% savings!

HOW? Almost everything I bought was on sale (with the exception of the ground meat and poptarts b/c I needed it!) The meat deal this week is 5 for $19.99 so I bought 4 pork tenderloins (that is 4 dinners for $4 each!) - my other item was 1 lb turkey (so lunches are done too!)

Other items were BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - or $1 (10 for $10, but you don't have to purchase 10)
NO COUPONS were used - but I definitely use them when I can!
BONUS: I received an additional 30 cents/gallon in fuelperks (so that is $6.00 off my next fillup)

FYI: My kids are picky eaters - I don't plan my meals in advance - I buy name brand - rarely buy generics unless I like them better - We drink Coke products! (just so you know I am a normal person!)

So what is missing? Eggs, Milk, Bread - only because I bought those with deals last week - this week I bought a TON of meat products instead!  And...Ice Cream! But it wasn't on sale this week, so we can do without it!

I don't buy based on what we need for the week - I buy what is on sale and in larger quantities if needed!



So this week's deals can be seen here!

This was Week #1 - purchased on January 17

No comments:

Post a Comment