Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Consignments - Make $ - or Buy Great Deals!

One of my favorites - the SPRING consignment sales!  There are two local "shops" that literally pop-up for a few weeks and then disappear!  Here is the info - mark you calendar - you don't want to miss out:


CHILDRENS CLOTHING EXCHANGE
Location: Uptown
1900 Valence (New Orleans)
Facebook (updates are posted during sales!)
WEBSITE: has lots of info on sale dates, items accepted, etc.
 

SELLING: You tag your own items - they supply hangers and they decide prices (exception is toys) - drop off clothes and tag items at same time- this process can take a few hours (I suggest no kids, unless they are helpful)   MARCH 17-23

BUY: They are open for two weeks - first weekend is FULL PRICE. Second weekend is HALF PRICE.  You can buy infant clothes (0-24 months) and toys/equipment ANYTIME during seller drop off days as well.  APRIL 6-8 and HALF PRICE APRIL 13-15

My personal experience - I LOVE this sale! I have been a customer for 9 plus years and I usually spend about $100 on clothes for my 3 kids - and then a week later, I get a check for my items sold - and it is usually $250-300 (usually 2-3 small containers so not a crazy amount of items)

The items I have bought I love - I tend to shop for Gymboree or name brands and am very pleased with my purchases! I clean out my kids closet from last year - and restock with this year's sizes/items, and I still make money in the end!  I have even found quite a few items for myself (since they go up to size 16-20, which is like Adult Small/Medium) They do NOT take women's clothes/maternity clothes.

Please tell Ann or Holly that Tiff's Deals sent you if you are a new customer or consignor!


RHEA LANA's -
LOCATION:  6315 Airline Drive (Metairie)
 this year located across from Zephyr's on Airline (next to Cici's Pizza - if you want to use a $20 gift cert to eat one day- there are a few left!)
Facebook (updates are posted during sales!)
WEBSITE - more info on sales and items accepted, etc.

SELLING: They have an online system for you to input your items - decide prices - print labels - add hangers - drop off clothes!  MUST BE ENTERED BY' MARCH 11 - DROP OFF MARCH 12-13

BUY: They are open on weekends and during one week so you have plenty of time to shop! Also have special passes for moms to be, facebook fans, etc to get in early or get half price items before the public!  March 16-21, HALF PRICE MARCH 22-23

My personal experience:  I LOVE this sale! I have never sold items, so I can't attest to that, but I have bought MANY items - mostly Orient Expressed and Gymboree for $2-3 each!  I have also stocked up on birthday gifts - they offer Melissa & Doug NEW items for low prices - most are $5 range.

Please let Erica or Melissa know that Tiff's Deals sent you if you are a new customer or consignor!


ELMWOOD GARAGE SALE

INDOOR GARAGE SALE (located at Elmwood Self Storage in Elmwood Shopping Center - near Fox & Hound/Big Lots)

APRIL 20 - from 8 am to 3 pm

If you want to BUY - just show up that day - it's FREE ADMISSION!

If you want to SELL - rent a space for the day - and sell your great items! I have seen some local biz and crafters rent a booth and have "clearance" prices that day too!
Rent your space today - Starting as low as $25
Bridge House will be onsite to accept donations
Must register and pay before April 15th at 5:00pm - Click here to register or more info!

ONLINE GARAGE SALE 
If you have items to sell, there are local "swap" sites that are like a garage sale in your living room:)
Simply take a pic of your items - post a price!  OR you can find lots of great deals to BUY as well (I have purchased 4 like-new or new Coach purses for under $30 each! Baby items are a big hit - Furniture - and more!

There are TONS of these groups out there - I just loved these!
FYI - "Bump" means the picture moves to the top of the page - and if you want to purchase the item, just comment on it and start a convo with the seller...


************************************************************************

The opinions expressed are my own.  I have not been paid for any information listed above - I have posted this information to help you to save (and possibly make) some money too!  Please let them know that Tiff's Deals sent you if are a new customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment