Monday, October 7, 2013

My NOLA Stay-cation and Savings Breakdown


I spent this past weekend in NOLA for a stay-cation to celebrate my birthday and used discount deals for everything we did! I wanted to add up the savings so you can see how buying these deals when available and combining them can add up to a LOT of savings!

Here is what I used and my opinions on each:

2-nt hotel stay at Maison St. Charles  - $148.00 - valued at $258 (saved $110)
Actual bill was $58.30 (which was taxes and $17/day parking x2)

Breakfast at the hotel was FREE! - x2 days (saved an estimated $30 per day)

I LOVED this hotel - I honestly would have never stayed here (or even known about it except for the groupon deal) - Located at St. Charles/near I-10 right by Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant!  On the street car line!




Mr. John's Steakhouse - $20 - valued at $40 (saved $20)
Actual price $149.27 - less $40 = $109.27 -  Steak meals approx $35-40 each, but we ordered drinks - appetizer - and sides so a more expensive meal, but worth EVERY penny!

Byblos - $20 - valued at $40 (saved $20)
Actual bill was $54.59 - less $40 = $14.59 (which was basically just the drinks) I am the BIGGEST Byblos fan so this meal couldn't have gone wrong for me no matter what!

New Orleans Rum Distillery Tour  - $10 - valued at $20 (saved $10) - included (2) admission and Rum drinks!
Actual bill $20 - less $20 = 0 paid on site

Drinks included a cocktail before the tour - and (5) shots of each type of rum after the tour (see pic above)! Well worth the $10 per person (even without a coupon!)  Nowhere else but New Orleans:)



Marigny Brasserie in the Marigny- $25 gift certificate for $2 (when discount code was available) - saved $23
Actual bill was $37.00 - less $25 = $12

This deal is STILL AVAILABLE click Restaurant.com logo here:

Restaurant.com 191x60 blue banner


 I haven't toured the Marigny area much, but since the Rum Tour was in the Marigny area, I figured we would try this one out too!  Great atmosphere - I had bbq shrimp and grits which was awesome!

Also, we were able to park in the Marigny for FREE (2 hours at a time) but were able to walk over to the French Market and walk around for a bit too! I love the vendors there, but I was glad to see the savings on a prior purchase!  One vendor had the Hello Kitty Necklace and Earrings for over $32 - the set can be purchased for $2-5 and also includes a ring!)  - Silver Kitty Rhinestone Crystal Fashion Jewelry Set with Pink Bow - Ring+Earrings+Necklace 3 in 1 Set






The French Market always has FREE stuff going on - so checkout their facebook page for updates! For instance, there are FREE tours on Mon/Wed (see pic) - On the weekends, there is always something going on! Dance lessons - bands - random street entertainers and more!

More info on the free tours can be found here:

Music and Food Tour (Wednesdays)

Walking Tour (Mondays)



We also walked on Bourbon Street at night = FREE "entertainment" - haha! This was fun to people watch! I mean if you are going to play tourist for the weekend, you might as well!

Saucy's BBQ - $10 - valued at $20 (saved $10)
Actual bill $24.25 - less $20 = $4.25    

This deal is STILL AVAILABLE to purchase - click link here - then current deals

BBQ isn't really my thing - and neither is potato salad - but both were AMAZING! I highly recommend the Sweet sauce (they have quite a few to try)


Art for Arts Sake on Magazine Street = FREE Entertainment - wine - giveaways, etc - I have to admit, I don't get down to Magazine St often so I appreciated this night time shopping experience!


 We stopped in my friends new store THE NATION (Magazine St) - so check it out when you are in the area! Carrying Saints and LSU clothing and accessories!



I also loved No Fleas Market - they are a used clothing place, but had LOTS of new with tags items for crazy cheap prices donated to the shop by a local store (brand new Tshirts for $2-4, sweaters for $8, etc) - Great cause: All items purchased a portion goes toward a local animal organization!



HERE IS THE SAVINGS BREAKDOWN:

TOTAL BILLS (before discounts): $661.41
TOTAL On-site DISCOUNTS: $253.00

Discount Deals purchased prior = $210.00 ($148 was hotel, $62 was restaurants)


 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET that weekend: $198.41 (keep in mind 50% was one expensive meal and $34 was parking!)
If I had skipped the expensive meal and parked on the street, I would have only spent $55.14 all weekend!!!


If you like this deal make sure to like TIFFS DEALS on facebook for LOTS of other great deals!






No comments:

Post a Comment